Dear Monmouth Beach Residents
I want to take a moment to connect with you directly as the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to impact Monmouth Beach. As this unprecedented situation unfolds, Monmouth Beach has made some adjustments in how we serve you following the lead of the Monmouth County Board of Chosen Freeholders.
In an abundance of caution to protect and keep Monmouth Beach residents safe from the spread of COVID-19 and to keep our employees healthy in order to serve our residents, all BoroughOffices will be closed to the public until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this temporary closure may cause.
The regularly scheduled Borough Meeting on March 24th at 5:30 pm will be held in the Monmouth Beach Borough Hall Great Room as scheduled and the meeting will be open to the public. However, the regularly scheduled Planning Board Meeting on March 24th at 7:00 pm has been cancelled.
Although our offices may be closed to the public, please know that our staff is committed to serving Monmouth Beach and will be available by phone and email during regular business hours. We ask that you review the detailed information below about our temporary closure and how it will affect our specific services. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our offices.
As we monitor this fluid situation, we will do our best to keep everyone informed of any news and updates.
We are privileged to serve the residents of Monmouth Beach and look forward to seeing you soon.
Please continue to follow the Center for Disease Control’s (www.cdc.gov) guidelines that advise frequent hand washing for at least 20 seconds and to avoid close social contact in order to protect yourself and others from exposure to COVID 19. Additionally, please heed our Governor’s direction to “shelter in place” during this very unsettling time. We are so very concerned about your safety! We are here for you in any way we can possibly help!
Mayor Sue Howard
Tax Collector’s Office:
- All payments may be mailed or dropped in our Drop Box. The Drop Box is located in the Borough Office’s main entrance in the vestibule.
Payments may also be made by going to our website at www.monmouthbeach.org and clicking “Pay Taxes Online”.
Borough of Monmouth Beach
18 Willow Ave
Monmouth Beach, NJ 07750
- All documents that require review and /or action should be placed in our Drop Box.
- All questions and concerns should be directed to Judy Wilson at 732-229-2204 x1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Regina Hirsch at 732-229-2204 x1003 email@example.com.
Municipal Clerk’s Office:
- For services related to marriage licenses and vital statistics please contact the Borough Clerk directly at 732-229-2204 x1002 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notary services are temporarily suspended.
- For all other inquiries please contact the Clerk directly by phone or electronically at 732-229-2204 x1002 or email@example.com
Department of Public Works:
- At this time, there is no change to services provided by the Department of Public Works.
- All questions and concerns should be directed to Joe Chirichello at 732-229-2204 x1001 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monmouth Beach Municipal Court
- Monmouth Beach Municipal Court Session scheduled for March 19th has been cancelled.
- Effective, March 16, 2020, at 4:30 pm, the court will be closed to the public until further notice.
- Summonses can be paid via online, via telephone (732-542-3400) or placed into a secured lock box at the exterior of the court building (556 Tinton Ave., Tinton Falls, NJ 07724).
Monmouth Beach Police Department
- The Monmouth Beach Police Department remains committed to serving and protecting the residents of Monmouth Beach. As the virus continues to spread, it is our goal to maintain a healthy police force in order to continue serving our residents. In an effort to mitigate exposure to the police officers, we are asking that residents with non-emergent issues, handle these matters with an officer via telephone at 732-229-1313. Please do not respond to headquarters or request an officer respond to your residence for non-emergent matters. The MBPD plans to limit face-to-face interactions by conducting as much police related business as possible via email and telephone. The employees of the police department are well versed and equipped with personal protection equipment and they will respond to any and all emergencies and crimes in progress. To report emergencies, always dial 9-1-1.
- Rest assured that the MBPD are here for our residents. IF YOU NEED US, CALL US. We are only a phone call away and the only thing that we are changing is limiting our face-to-face interactions on non-emergent matters. If you need assistance, call 732-229-1313.
- Zoning permits can be dropped off in the vestibule at Borough Hall.
- The Zoning Officer will be available by phone and email during normal business hours and specifically between 3:45 pm and 6 pm on Thursday during normal zoning office hours. You may reach her directly at (732) 769-6112 and email email@example.com
Certificate of Occupancy:
- At this time there have been no changes in the process to obtain a Certificate of Occupancy.
- A CO can be obtained by going to our website at www.monmouthbeach.org and choosing “Housing” from the side bar menu.
- Submission of construction applications, submittals, plans, and other documentation can be delivered to the construction department by dropping them off in the Drop-Off box in the vestibule. Only complete applications will be accepted. Please make sure all documents are secured as a package with a separate label providing the full name, address, contact phone number, and email address of the responsible person. This information must be conspicuously posted separately to the outside of the application.
- The Borough of Monmouth Beach accepts online construction permit submissions through the GovOnline portal. This method allows applications that submitted in accordance with N.J.A.C 5:23-2.15 which do not require a raised seal to be submitted as complete. Applications that require a raised seal affixed to the permit technical sections, plans, and other documents to be followed up with originals. This will provide for application review to proceed in advance of the applications receipt in many cases. Click here for online submission.
- Payment of applications may be paid online, by U.S. Mail, or as per the above instructions for hand delivered application submissions.
- Applications ready for pickup will be coordinated on a case-by-case basis to arrange pick up.
- All inspections will be managed by priority see below.
All scheduled inspections will require safe access for the inspector, ladders erected where necessary, and equipment opened where appropriate. Released plans and required documentation shall be located conspicuously at the jobsite.
- Inspection of new construction, additions, trenches, emergency work, and exterior work will be inspected on regular inspection days until directed otherwise. Should the project require special inspection consideration, this will be discussed on a case-by-case basis with the responsible person in charge and Don Clare, Monmouth Beach Construction Official.
- Questions can be directed to Don Clare at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may contact Nancy Britton at 732-229-2204 ext. 1004.
- The library will be closed to the public for the foreseeable future.
- Please hold all library materials (books, DVDs) until further notice, and if you are holding magazines please dispose of them
- All recreation programs have been suspended until further notice.
Monmouth Beach Bathing Pavilion: