We are located at:
18 Willow Ave.
Monmouth Beach, NJ 07750
We can be reached at:
Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday: 9:00AM-4:30PM
Applications for Marriage/ Civil Union License
*Applications may be made in person between the hours of 10am-3pm*
- Civil Union
- Domestic Partnership
- Reaffirmation of a Civil Union
The application is a two-page document which can be found on the State Department of Health website.
Page 1 can be completed online and printed out. Page 2 MUST be completed in the presence of the Local Registrar or designee.
What you should bring with you when you apply for a Marriage/ Civil Union License:
- A valid driver’s license, state issued identification, and/or a valid passport.
- A witness 18 years or older with valid identification.
- If you are divorced or have had a marriage/ civil union annulled, please bring the divorce decree or the civil annulment documents.
- Proof of residency
- The $28 application fee
Fees & Payments
The is a $28 fee for a marriage/ civil union license application. Payment may be made by personal check, money order, or cash. Please note that cash can only be accepted in person. An application for a marriage/ civil union license must be physically submitted no later than 72 hours prior to the marriage/ civil union event. You may however, apply for a waiver of the 72 hours through the Monmouth County Superior Court.
Certified Copies & Records (Click here for certified copies)
Application for Certified Copies of Marriage/ Civil Union/ Birth/ Death Records
Please make sure if mailing a request form for a raised seal certified copy of a vital record to do the following.
- Fill in the form accurately and completely.
- Enclose a copy of your identification with your current address such as driver’s license or passport. Visit the Department of Health to find out what forms of identification are acceptable.
Fees & Payment
Payment may be made by personal check, money order, or cash. Please note cash can only be accepted in person.
- The charge for a certified raised seal copy is $10 per copy
*Certified copies are available for events (births, deaths, marriages, etc.) that occurred in Monmouth Beach ONLY*
*A Certified Copy is obtained in the town where the event took place*